Monday, March 28, 2011

My Reads

Oh No, I'm a book behind!! With my much needed Spring Break trip to California I didn't get a chance to blog about the last book I read!  Hopefully I can remember what it was about!


The last book I finished was Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin.




Heart of the Matter is really a story about two women who are strangers living opposite lives but will be brought together by a tragic accident.  Valerie, a lawyer and single mom, and Tessa, a stay at home mom married to a pediatric surgeon, Nick.  Valerie's son, Charlie is in a tragic accident and Tessa's husband is Charlie's surgeon.  During Charlie's hospital stay, Valerie begins to have more than friendly feelings for Charlie's surgeon.  For Tessa, staying at home isn't all she thought it was going to be and she begins to feel her marriage falling apart. Will Valerie and Nick cross that line? Can Tessa ever forgive Nick for what he has done?

While I was reading Valerie's view of the story, I found myself rooting for her, rooting for her to be loved, rooting for what could be.  But then I read Tessa's side of the story and found myself rooting for her, hoping she can keep her marriage and family together, keep the love she has. I found myself thinking about myself in both their situations wondering what I would do.  Would I cross that line for love?  Would I ever be able to forgive my husband for his mistake?  Of course no one ever really knows what they would do until they are in that situation and hopefully no one ever has to be.

So what are you reading?  I'm needing to add to my MUST read list!! I've also been considering getting an electronic reader, but I LOVE books.  I love a good hardcover book!  I love to read them and collect them.  In my dream house I have a library.  The walls are lined floor to ceiling with shelves and shelves of books.  I have a comfy chair where I can sit by the fire and read all day with a cup of hot chocolate.  Do I really want to give up my book buying?  I'm not sure.  What are your feelings on electronic readers?  And which one do you like, the Kindle or Nook?

2 comments:

Stephanie Thigpen said...

AH, I loved this book! I just got done reading it a couple of weeks ago myself. :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

ohh i LOVE emily giffin books! it's been awhile since i've read one, i think it's about time again!!

Post a Comment