Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blog Makeover!

I've had my blog for not even a week yet and I've tried designing it myself numerous times. After three major background designs and several failed attempts at designing a banner I liked,  I was completely frustrated and about ready to throw the computer across the room (as you can see, since I'm on here, I didn't!) I was ready to give up.  "Screw it," I said!  I really wanted to give this blog a chance and I tend to be a perfectionist, so I knew I needed to enlist some help.  Being a nursing student, I knew I wouldn't be able to spend a lot of money on a blog that could lead to nowhere.  So after Googling and not finding anything, I went to my new favorite place to shop, Etsy. I searched "blogs" and found a few things I liked but were $150 or more!  THAT I could NOT afford! I continued the search, entered a price range and that's when I found IT!! The ONE I had been looking for!






And the best part, it was ONLY $30 and she'd install it if I needed her to!! It included: a XML file for Blogger/Blogspot.com, a Customized Header, Background Image, Blog Button, "Grab my Button" Code, and a Signature Image with my name. Without hesitation I purchased it. I gave her the name of my blog, the URL, e-mail and password. Within less than 16 hours from when I purchased it, Alicia emailed me to say it was ready to go!  NO WAY!!  I was out of town that day, so I took a look on my Blackberry and really liked it!  When I got home, I checked it out on my computer and LOVED it!! I CAN'T stop looking at it! THANK YOU ALICIA!!


I found my design on Alicia's Etsy store, dreamlikemagic.  You can also follow her blog, Dreamlike Magic and Facebook for freebies, tips, giveaways and reviews of her Etsy shop.  Besides Blog templates, Alicia also does:  Etsy shop designs, banner sets, logos, business cards, invitations and more!



Thank you Alicia!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment